Baby Bundle Giveaway Contest
OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS CONTEST. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT WILL NOT INCREASE OR IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. INTERNET ACCESS REQUIRED.
WINNER MAY BE REQUIRED TO PARTICIPATE IN THE PRIZE FULFILLMENT PROCESS AND SIGN DOCUMENTATION, SUCH AS A RELEASE, WITHIN FIVE (5) BUSINESS DAYS, AS MORE FULLY DETAILED BELOW.
BY ENTERING THE CONTEST YOU AGREE TO THESE OFFICIAL RULES, WHICH ARE A CONTRACT, SO READ THEM CAREFULLY BEFORE ENTERING. WITHOUT LIMITATION, THIS CONTRACT INCLUDES INDEMNITIES TO THE SPONSOR (DEFINED BELOW) FROM YOU AND A LIMITATION OF YOUR RIGHTS AND REMEDIES.
The Baby Bundle Giveaway Contest (the “Contest”) is open to legal residents of Canada and shall be construed and evaluated according to the laws of the province of Ontario and the federal laws applicable therein. Participants must be 18 years of age or older at time of entry. Void in whole or part where prohibited by law. Entry in this Contest constitutes acceptance of these Contest rules (the “Contest Rules”).
1. SPONSOR: The Contest sponsor is Canadian Tire Corporation, Limited (“CTC” or the “Sponsor”) with its head office located at 2180 Yonge Street, Toronto, Ontario Canada, M4P 2V8. This Contest is also administered by the Sponsor. This Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Meta Platforms, Inc. (“Facebook”). Any questions, comments or complaints must be directed to the Sponsor, and not to Facebook.
2. ELIGIBILITY. To be eligible for this Contest, an individual must:
(a) be a legal resident of Canada;
(b) be 18 years of age or older at time of entry; and
(c) have a valid email address and phone number (as outlined in Section 4(c)).
Employees of the Sponsor, its affiliates, subsidiaries, related companies, advertising and promotional agencies, and those living in the same household, whether or not related of any of the above, are not eligible to participate in the Contest.
The Sponsor shall have the right at any time to require proof of identity and/or eligibility to participate in the Contest. Failure to provide such proof may result in disqualification. All personal and other information requested by and supplied to the Sponsor for the purpose of the Contest must be truthful, complete, accurate and in no way misleading. The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion; to disqualify any entrant should such an entrant at any stage supply untruthful, incomplete, inaccurate or misleading personal details and/or information.
3. CONTEST PERIOD. The Contest begins at 12:00 a.m. Atlantic Time on Friday, August 18, 2023 and ends at 11:59 p.m. Pacific Time on Thursday, September 7, 2023 (the “Contest Period”) after which time the Contest will be closed and no further entries shall be accepted.
4. HOW TO ENTER.
(a) There is no purchase necessary to enter the Contest. Enter using the method of entry outlined below. No entries will be accepted by any other means.
(i) To enter, entrants must visit https://cloud.email.canadiantire.ca/BabyBundleGiveaway (the “Contest Website”);
(ii) Complete each of the required fields contained in the Contest registration form; and
(iii) Submit the Contest registration form to receive (1) entry.
(each an “Entry”, collectively the “Entries”)
(b) Limit of one (1) Entry per person from a valid email address and telephone number during the Contest Period. Creation and use of multiple or alias email accounts, telephone numbers and/or any automated, macro, script, robotic or other system(s) or program(s) in order to exceed the limits on Entries permitted by these Contest Rules may result in the disqualification of all Entries from such accounts as well as disqualification of the entrant from the Contest.
(c) In the event of a dispute regarding who submitted an Entry, the authorized subscriber of the email address and phone number used to participate in the Contest at the time of entry will be deemed to be the entrant. The authorized account subscriber is defined as the natural person who is assigned an email address and phone number that can be verified by the Sponsor. For further clarity, for the purpose of the Contest Rules, “authorized account subscriber” of a valid email address and phone number is defined as the natural person who is assigned an email address or phone number by an internet access provider, on-line service or telecommunications provider (as applicable), or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the email address. The potential winner may be required to provide the Sponsor with proof that they are the authorized account holder of the email address and phone number that is associated with the winning Entry. If an entrant opts to use his/her email account or telephone via a wireless mobile device (which is not required to enter the Contest), standard text messaging and/or data rates may apply for each call or message sent or received. Wireless carriers’ rate plans may vary, and entrants should contact their wireless carrier for more information on messaging rate plans and charges relating to participation in the Contest. Entrant also understands that mobile device service may not be available in all areas.
(e) You agree that the Sponsor may, at any time, edit, modify or remove the Entry, in whole or in part, and may disqualify an entrant from the Contest if the Sponsor believes, in its sole discretion, that the entrant has breached any of the representations and warranties made above including, without limitation, on the basis of concerns relating to the rights of third parties, including but not limited to privacy, copyright, defamation, rights of personality, obscenity or hate speech.
(f) By submitting this Entry you, the entrant, confirm that you have obtained all required consent for use and publication of the Entry for the purpose of this Contest, from all individuals who appear in the Entry being submitted.
(g) All Entries become the sole property of the Sponsor and none will be returned for any reason. By submitting the Entry, the entrant assigns to the Sponsor all of entrant’s right, title and interest, including copyright, in and to the Entry, throughout the world in perpetuity. For greater certainty, the entrant acknowledges that, as a result of this assignment, the Sponsor will have the exclusive and perpetual right to exploit the Winner’s name, photograph or likeness, and the Entry in any media now known or later developed in whatever ways the Sponsor may determine in its sole discretion and to authorize others to do so. This includes, but is not limited to, the right to reproduce, distribute, publish, exploit, display, communicate to the public by telecommunication, transmit, broadcast and otherwise use and exploit the Entry, in whole or in part and to edit, add to, or modify the Entry in any way, all without further obligation or compensation of any kind to the entrant. By submitting the Entry, the entrant waives all of its so-called “moral rights” that it may enjoy in any territory throughout the world in relation to the Entry. Upon request by the Sponsor, the entrant agrees that it shall sign (or cause to be signed) all further documents or do (or cause to be done) all further acts and provide all reasonable assurances as may reasonably be necessary or desirable to give effect to the assignment of the entrant’s rights in the Entry.
(h) Entries must be received no later than the end of the Contest Period. Entries will be declared invalid if they are late, illegible, incomplete, damaged, irregular, mutilated, forged, garbled or mechanically or electronically reproduced. No communication or correspondence will be issued with entrants except with those (1) selected for a prize; or (2) that have sent questions or other communication to the Sponsor in addition to making an Entry.
(a) The prize is hereafter referred to as the “Prize”. The confirmed Prize winner is hereafter referred to as the “Winner”.
(b) There is one (1) Prize available to be won during the Contest Period, and consists of the following:
a. One (1) Munchkin Float Foldable Highchair with an Average Retail Value (“ARV”) of $259.99 CAD;
b. One (1) Safety 1st Grow and Go Convertible Car Seat with Footrest with an ARV of $329.99;
c. One (1) Evenflo Shyft DualRide Infant Car Seat and Stroller with an ARV of $799.99;
d. One (1) Storkcraft Pasadena Baby Crib with an ARV of $219.99;
e. One (1) Veer Switchback Seat with an ARV of $499.99;
f. One (1) Veer &Roll Stroller Frame with an ARV of $649.99;
g. One (1) HALO Premiere Series Vibrating Bassi-Nest with an ARV of $349.99;
h. One (1) VTech Remote Access Pan Tilt Video Monitor with an ARV of $199.99CAD;
i. One (1) Graco Foldable All-Terrain Stroller Wagon with an ARV of $599.99
j. One (1) Ingenuity Cozy Spot Reversible Duvet Gym with an ARV of $139.99;
k. One (1) Fisher-Price 3-in-1 Snugapuppy Activity Centre with an ARV of $174.99;
l. One (1) Baby Brezza Formula Pro Advanced Baby Formula Dispenser with an ARV of $269.99CAD;
m. One (1) Babymoov Duo Meal Lite Food Processor with an ARV of $149.99 CAD;
n. One (1) Sophie La Giraffe® Squeaky Toy for Babies with an ARV of $29.99 CAD;
o. One (1) Regalo My Playmat with an ARV of $59.99 CAD;
p. One (1) BabyBjorn Mini Mesh Carrier, Black with an ARV of $159.99 CAD;
q. One (1) Harmony Commander 3-in-1 Booster Car Seat with an ARV of $189.99 CAD:
r. One (1) Boon Cacti Bottle Brush Set with an ARV of $29.99 CAD;
s. One (1) Boon GRASS Drying Rack with an ARV of $22.99 CAD;
t. One (1) Graco Pack 'n Play Travel Dome LX Playard with an ARV of $349.99 CAD;
u. One (1) Graco Crib Mattress with Cover with an ARV of $159.99 CAD.
Total ARV of the Prize is $5,647.79 CAD.
(c) Winner is not entitled to the monetary difference between the actual Prize value and stated ARV of the Prize, if any.
(d) The Prize will be distributed within thirty (30) business days after the Winner has been successfully contacted, notified of his/her Prize and fulfilled the requirements set out herein.
(e) The Prize must be accepted as awarded and cannot be transferred, assigned, substituted or redeemed for cash, except at the sole discretion of the Sponsor. Any unused portion of a Prize will be forfeited and have no cash value. The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to substitute a Prize of equal or greater value if the Prize (or any portion thereof) cannot be awarded for any reason.
(f) The Sponsor shall not assume any liability for lost, damaged or misdirected Prizes.
6. WINNER SELECTION.
One (1) Winner shall be selected as follows:
(a) On Friday, September 8, 2023 at approximately 12:00 p.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) in Toronto, Ontario, one (1) entrant will be selected by a random electronic draw (using random.org which will generate a random number that will match up against a list of the eligible entrants) from all eligible Entries received during the Contest Period. The odds of being selected as a potential winner are dependent upon the number of eligible Entries received by the Sponsor. Before being declared a Winner, the selected entrant shall be required to: (i) correctly answer, without assistance of any kind, whether mechanical or otherwise, a time-limited mathematical skill-testing question to be administered during a pre-arranged email or direct message (ii) comply with the Contest Rules, and (iii) sign and return the Confirmation and Release (described below).
(b) The selected entrant will be notified by email no later than 4:00 p.m. ET on Friday, September 15, 2023. The Sponsor will make a minimum of three (3) attempts to contact the selected entrant by email within ten (10) business days of the draw date. Upon notification, the selected entrant must provide required information in compliance with these Contest Rules to the email provided in the notification, and the selected entrant’s response must be received within five (5) business days. If the selected entrant does not respond in accordance with the Contest Rules, he/she will be disqualified and will not receive the Prize and another entrant may be selected, in the Sponsor’s sole discretion, until such time as an entrant satisfies the terms set out herein. The Sponsor is not responsible for the failure for any reason whatsoever of a selected entrant to receive notification or for the Sponsor to receive a selected entrant’s response.
(c) If, as a result of an error relating to the entry process, drawing or any other aspect of the Contest, there are more selected entrants than contemplated in these Contest Rules, there will be a random draw amongst all eligible Prize claimants after the Contest’s closing date to award the correct number of Prizes.
(d) POTENTIAL WINNER IS SUBJECT TO VERIFICATION BY SPONSOR, WHOSE DECISION IS FINAL. AN ENTRANT IS NOT A WINNER OF ANY PRIZE, EVEN IF THE CONTEST SHOULD SO INDICATE, UNLESS AND UNTIL ENTRANT’S ELIGIBILITY AND THE POTENTIAL WINNING ENTRY HAS BEEN VERIFIED AND ENTRANT HAS BEEN NOTIFIED THAT VERIFICATION IS COMPLETE. SPONSOR WILL NOT ACCEPT OTHER EVIDENCE OF WINNING IN LIEU OF ITS VALIDATION PROCESS.
7. RELEASE. The Winner will be required to execute a release and waiver (“Confirmation and Release”) that confirms Winner’s: (i) eligibility for the Contest and compliance with these Contest Rules; (ii) acceptance of the Prize as offered; (iii) release of the Sponsor, Canadian Tire Associate Dealers, Facebook, and each of their subsidiaries, affiliates, related companies, employees, directors, officers, suppliers, agents, sponsors, administrators, licensees, representatives, advertising, media buying and promotional agencies (collectively, the “Releasees”) from and against any and all liability for any losses, harm, damages, costs or expenses arising out of or in connection with participation in the Contest, participation in any Contest-related activity or the acceptance, use, or misuse of any Prize, any breach of the Contest Rules, including but not limited to costs, injuries, accidents, losses related to personal injuries, death, damage to, loss or destruction of property, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation, or portrayal in a false light, or from any and all claims of third parties arising therefrom; (iv) grant to the Sponsor the unrestricted right, in the Sponsor’s individual discretion, to produce, reproduce, publish, broadcast, communicate by telecommunication, exhibit, distribute, adapt and otherwise use or re-use the Winner’s name, photograph or likeness, and the Entry, in any and all media now known or hereafter devised, in connection with the Contest and the promotion and exploitation thereof; (v) assignment to the Sponsor all of Winner’s right, title and interest, including copyright in and to the Entry, throughout the world in perpetuity and acknowledgment that, as a result of this assignment, the Sponsor will have the exclusive and perpetual right to exploit the Entry in any media now known or later developed in whatever ways the Sponsor may determine in its sole discretion and to authorize others to do so, including without limitation, the right to reproduce, distribute, publish, exploit, display, communicate to the public by telecommunication, transmit, broadcast and otherwise use and exploit the Entry, in whole or in part and to edit, add to, or modify the Entry in any way, all without further obligation or compensation of any kind to the Winner; (vi) waiver of all of Winner’s so-called “moral rights” that it may enjoy now or in the future in any territory throughout the world in relation to the Entry, to the maximum extent permitted by law; and (vii) acknowledgement that, upon request by the Sponsor, Winner shall sign (or cause to be signed) all further documents or do (or cause to be done) all further acts and provide all reasonable assurances as may reasonably be necessary or desirable to give effect to the assignment of Winner’s rights in the Entry. The executed Confirmation and Release must be returned within five (5) business days of the verification as a Winner or the selected entrant will be disqualified and the Prize forfeited.
8. INDEMNIFICATION BY ENTRANT. By entering the Contest, entrant releases and holds Releasees harmless from any and all liability for any losses, harm, damages, costs or expenses of any kind to the entrant or any other person, including but not limited to personal injury, death, damage to, loss or destruction of property, damage, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation, portrayal in a false light and third party claims resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from participation in the Contest, participation in any Contest related activity or the acceptance, possession, use or misue of any Prize or any breach of the Contest Rules.
9. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. The Sponsor assumes no responsibility or liability for: (a) lost, late, unintelligible/illegible, falsified, damaged, misdirected or incomplete Entries, notifications, responses, replies or any Confirmation and Release; (b) any computer, online, software, telephone, hardware or technical malfunctions that may occur, including but not limited to malfunctions that may affect the transmission or non-transmission of an Entry; (c) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by website users or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest or by any technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Contest; (d) any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, Entries; (e) any problems, failures or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers, providers, computer equipment, software, email, players, or browsers, on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet, at any website, or on account of any combination of the foregoing; (f) any injury or damage to entrant or to any computer related to or resulting from participating or downloading materials in this Contest or by the acceptance, possession, use, misuse, or failure to receize any Prize. The Sponsor assumes no responsibility or liability in the event that the Contest cannot be conducted as planned for any reason, including those reasons beyond the control of the Sponsor, such as infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or corruption of the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Contest or the Contest Website. The Releasees make no warranty, guaranty, or representation of any kind concerning any Prize and disclaim any implied warranty, guaranty, or representation.
10. CONDUCT. By participating in the Contest, each entrant agrees to be bound by the Contest Rules, which will be made available online at https://cloud.email.canadiantire.ca/BabyBundleGiveaway. Entrant further agrees to be bound by the decisions of the Sponsor, which shall be final and binding in all respects. The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any entrant found to be: (a) violating the Contest Rules; (b) tampering or attempting to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Contest; (c) violating the terms of service, conditions of use and/or general rules or guidelines of any online Sponsor or Canadian Tire Corporation, Limited property or service; and/or (d) acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. Caution: Any attempt to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such an attempt be made, the Sponsor reserves the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent permitted by law, including but not limited to criminal prosecution.
11. PRIVACY / USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION.
(a) By participating in the Contest, entrant: (i) grants to the Sponsor the right to use his/her name, photograph or likeness, email address, phone number and the Entry for the purpose of administering the Contest, including but not limited to contacting and announcing the Winner; (ii) grants to the Sponsor the right to use his/her name, photograph or likeness, and the Entry for Contest administration, publicity, and promotional purposes relating to the Contest, in any and all media now known or hereafter devised, without further compensation unless prohibited by law; and (iii) acknowledges that the Sponsor may disclose his/her name, photograph or likeness, and the Entry to third-party agents and service providers acting on behalf of the Sponsor in connection with any of the activities listed in (i) and (ii) above.
12. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY. All intellectual property, including but not limited to trade-marks, trade names, logos, designs, copyrights and any other intellectual property and trade secrets contained in any materials including without limitation print, digital and any other media is owned by the Sponsor and/or their affiliates, unless otherwise stated. All rights are reserved. Unauthorized copying or other use of such material without the express written consent of its owner is strictly prohibited.
13. TERMINATION. The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to terminate the Contest, in whole or in part, and/or to modify, amend or suspend the Contest, and/or the Contest Rules in any way, at any time, for any reason without prior notice.
14. LAW. These are the official Contest Rules. The Contest is subject to applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws and regulations. The Contest Rules are subject to change without notice in order to comply with any applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws or the policy of any other entity having jurisdiction over the Sponsor. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of the Contest Rules or the rights and obligations as between the entrant and the Sponsor in connection with the Contest shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the province of Ontario including procedural provisions without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions that would cause the application of any other jurisdiction’s laws. FURTHER, IN ANY SUCH DISPUTE, UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL AN ENTRANT BE PERMITTED OR ENTITLED TO OBTAIN (AND HEREBY WAIVES ALL RIGHTS TO SEEK OR CLAIM) INJUNCTIVE, EQUITABLE, OR OTHER NON-MONETARY RELIEF OR AWARDS FOR PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, OR ANY OTHER DAMAGES, INCLUDING LAWYERS’ FEES, OTHER THAN ENTRANT’S ACTUAL OUT-OF-POCKET EXPENSES (IF ANY), NOT TO EXCEED TEN DOLLARS ($10), AND ENTRANT FURTHER WAIVES ALL RIGHTS TO HAVE DAMAGES MULTIPLIED OR INCREASED.
15. LANGUAGE DISCREPANCY. In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between the terms and conditions of the Contest Rules and disclosures or other statements contained in any Contestrelated materials, including but not limited to the Contest entry form, or point of sale, television, print or online advertising, the terms and conditions of the Contest Rules shall prevail.
16. SEVERABILITY. If any term or condition of the Contest Rules is invalid, illegal or unenforceable in any jurisdiction, such invalidity, illegality or unenforceability shall not affect any other term or provision of the Contest Rules.
18. OFFICIAL RULES. These Official Rules are available at https://cloud.email.canadiantire.ca/BabyBundleGiveaway or by sending an email to Elena.Branch@cantire.com. Limit one (1) request per email. Rules requests must be received during the Entry Period.
19. WINNER LIST. To request a copy of the Contest winner list, send an email to Elena.Branch@cantire.com. Limit one (1) request per email. Requests for a copy of the winner list must be received by December 15, 2023.
20. SPONSOR. The sponsor of the Contest and the address at which the Sponsor may be contacted is Canadian Tire Corporation, Limited, 2180 Yonge Street, Toronto, Ontario Canada, M4P 2V8. Reference to third parties in connection with the Prize is for reference and identification purposes only and not intended to suggest endorsement, sponsorship or affiliation with Sponsor or the Contest.
21. FOR RESIDENTS OF QUEBEC. Any litigation respecting the conduct or organization of a publicity contest may be submitted to the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux for a ruling. Any litigation respecting the awarding of a prize may be submitted to the Régie only for the purpose of helping the parties reach a settlement.